This is a good path to go cycling, close to my house here. I usually do with another cycling colleague who showed me the way. It is the Deeside path, it follows the border of the river Dee, of course.
The adventages are a lot; for example is a continuous path almost until
Banchory (30 km ahead), so you avoid the traffic with its danger. It is
an ancient railway, now disappear, actuallly you can see an old station
near to Banchory, and an old vapour machine there, I think it is like
little museum.
The landscapes are green, and with farms where you can see sheeps and horses, interesting thing: the horses have their own blankets on them, may be for the cold.
In this picture we can see the little hill of Durris, which I want to go soon for practicing uphill.
When the winter is here, we have a big problem, because the wet path is often frozen, so, you need spikes in you tyres if you don't want to end fallen down against the hard ice. I did not buy them, but it will depend if january is coming cold or not.
The weather, here is.....so bad ;). It is because I am doing more running than cycling, it is faster, the wind is less annoying and you get less risks, in my opinion. But I keep thinking in go cycling too.
This is the football field of Banchory, it is sure the they do not need to wather it everyday, ha ha ha.
Anyway, I try to take advantage of all the places and facts, so I appreciate every moment with its own circumstances (bad weather, good weather, different landscapes, different people), all these things make you to be richer, or at least living experiences so different everyday.




No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario